As of Fall 2018, decommissioning and remediation at the former Beckjord site is underway.
Once the environmental remediation is complete, a final timeline for the redevelopment will be announced.
The project’s goals for 2018 and early 2019 include the following:
- Start decommissioning, abatement and demolition (underway).
- Meet with the OEPA to develop remediation approach (underway).
- Meet community leaders to discuss questions and plans for comprehensive long-term development plan (underway).
- Determine real estate/development plans based on highest and best use by area (in-development).
- Discuss joint marketing opportunities with regional economic development authorities (in-development).